CDBG-CV COVID-19 RENTAL ARREARS PROGRAM
TOWN OF BROOKHAVEN RESIDENTS ONLY!PROGRAM IS NOW OPEN!!
Opens at 9 am July 28, 2023 until further notice
The Town of Brookhaven (Town) is making CDBG-CV funds available for low to moderate income Town of Brookhaven residents with rental arrears incurred due to a COVID-19 related financial hardship. The Long Island Housing Partnership (LIHP) will administer the program. Funds are subject to a cap and are paid directly to the landlord.
Funds are limited and will be available on a first-come first-served basis until funds are exhausted.
APPLICATIONS MAY ONLY BE SUBMITTED BEGINNING ON JULY 28, 2023.
THE SUBMISSION PERIOD WILL REMAIN OPEN UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
APPLICATIONS MUST BE SUBMITTED ONLINE.
Applicants must have household income at or below 80% of the 2023 HUD area median income. See income limits below.
Additional Program requirements apply including but not limited to the following:
- Applicant/unit must reside in the Town of Brookhaven and be the primary residence
- Applicants must have suffered a financial hardship due to COVID-19
- Applicants must have been current on their lease prior to April 1, 2020
- Applicants must be a US citizen or Qualified Alien
- Landlord must agree to participate in the Program
- For rentals, the unit must have a valid municipally issued rental permit/operational authority
- Unit must pass lead-based paint inspection, if applicable
TO COMPLETE APPLICATION ONLINE:
TO VIEW OR PRINT COPY OF PROGRAM GUIDELINES:
If you have any questions regarding the program or need any assistance, including language assistance, please contact LIHP at 631-435-4710.